Mooney appraisal in Dallas

jacobwall

Hello,

We are in the beginning stages of selling our 1975 M20C that we have in a partnership to move onto something a bit faster here in the next few months. Where would MS suggest that we get our airplane appraised in either the DFW metroplex or surrounding areas? A simple google search lands relatively weak results. Do y'all have any tips for selling an airplane that you would give to us first-time sellers?

- Jacob

At least pose this question direct to Jimmy and David at AAA. They are a good resource and there isn't any cost related to the discussion...

Using their pricing structure is helpful as well.

Advertising what you have here is probably a good start.

Just be careful, they usually have a few of the premium birds on hand....

San Antonio is near by, by Mooney standards...

What are you looking for in the newer faster more capable category?

Best regards,

-a-

The Mooney Flyer website has Jimmy G's valuation tool coded into the site, so you can just fill in the blanks and you'll get a very good estimate based on the current market, according to one of the largest Mooney sales teams.

http://themooneyflyer.com/valuation/M20CValuation.html

I'll also second the recommendation to talk with AAA, especially if you're interested in moving up to another Mooney.  You could probably work a mutually beneficial deal and not worry about the hassle of selling the C yourself.

Another benefit of trading your plane for another is you will only pay the difference in sales tax between the trade-in price and the new plane price - EXCEPT if you live in California.

I just dealt with Jimmy trading my plane in on a Bravo - Great guy - no BS.

Another benefit of trading your plane for another is you will only pay the difference in sales tax between the trade-in price and the new plane price - EXCEPT if you live in California.

I just dealt with Jimmy trading my plane in on a Bravo - Great guy - no BS.

The beautiful thing about Jacob living in Texas is that he'll not have to worry about paying sales tax! Individuals are exempted form having to pay any taxes on the sale.

Jimmy at AAA can definitely tell you exactly what it will sell for no B.S. ,  you may want to ask him,  take his advise, and sell for what he suggests  and save your self months of more expenses . He definitely knows the Mooney market and the old valuations are a little or a lot high , he needs to post a new one. Move on to the plane you want sooner rather than later.

What's the purpose of the appraisal?  Are you selling the plane or buying out your partner?  If it's a buy-out there's an interesting alternative that will save you the $1000+ for the appraisal- one partner comes up with the price for 50% ownership.  The other partner decides if s/he is buying or selling.  In other words, partner A says the plane is worth $50K, or 50% is worth $25K.  Partner B then either accepts a check from Partner A for $25k and sells his or her interest, or partner B writes a check to partner A for $25k and owns 100% of the plane.

I remember this deal from DFWpilots.com when you bought it 2 years ago.  I'm crossing my fingers you're happy with the result of the appraisal.